SENIOR POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER IN TOXICOLOGY, BIOSTATICS AND MICROBIOME ANALYSES
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) grants for Spanish university system requalification under the Maria de Zambrano call is seeking 17 talented international senior post-doctoral researchers. TecnATox (www.tecnatox.cat) is one of the oldest multidisciplinary consolidated group of URV and a pioneer research group in Spain and Europe in the area of human health risk assessment derived from the exposure to environmental agents. We work in a wide range of experimental methods in toxicology, genetics, molecular and cell biology, and animal models. Our research area of System Toxicology provides unique and focused research in Chemo-informatics and Systems biology including a broad range of in silico tools for environmental and human health risk assessment including specialized tissue dosimetry (physiologically-based kinetic models), translational models (IVIVE, QIVIVE, inter-species scaling), QSAR, quantitative AOPs and Systems biology models. Similarly, research group in Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases has an International recognized experience in the field of human nutrition and non-communicable health diseases, mainly obesity, T2D, CVD and more recently mental Health and cognitive decline. Researchers from the group are currently involved in several national and international studies to evaluate the role on human microbiome on health and disease, and to integrate microbiome data with metabolomics and epigenetics.
TecnATox is seeking expression of interest from suitable candidates to work with multidisciplinary team of System Toxicology and/or Nutrition and metabolomics groups TecnATox, at the University Rovira i Virgili.
Detail about this call:
Maria Zambrano grants to attract international talent - 2021 | Programmes | Research support | Research | Universitat Rovira i Virgili (urv.cat)
More about TecnATox research group
Tecnatox – (www.tecnatox.com)
More about URV
Come at the URV | Pre-award support | Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- PhD degree (+2 years) in Health science, Biomedicine, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics or related field with excellent academic credentials
- Confidence in the mathematical modelling of data
- Good understanding of scientific programming skill preferably in R and/or Python.
- The ability to collate and review data from the scientific literature.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills, as evident by presentation at scientific meetings.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with molecular biology, microbiology, and/or genomics
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience and willingness to collaborate with and coordinate among other research groups
- Flexibility in adapting to changing research needs
- Strong, detailed-oriented writing and communication skills
- Experience working independently, as well as experience and/or desire to work in an interactive, collegial, and interdisciplinary group
- Excellent record of scientific contributions, publications, and presentations; primary or key author on one or more major presentations and papers.
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks, to effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables, and to shift priorities rapidly.
Deadline 25th July 2021