Dr. Montse Marquès (ORCID 0000-0001-6302-8578) and Dr. Martí Nadal (ORCID 0000-0002-0217-4827), members of TecnATox, are interested in receiving Letters of Interest of potential candidates to perform the PhD.
Provisional title of the PhD thesis: Exploring the role of chemical pollutants on the development of adverse health outcomes during pregnancy.
We are looking for a talented PhD student, strongly committed to high quality frontier research and able to add new insights to the existing IISPV core expertise.
- Bachelor degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biomedicine or similar.
- Holding an official master degree from any of the abovementioned fields.
- Competence and experience with chemical analysis.
- Competence and experience with statistics software. Experience in R will be valued positively.
- Speaking and writing English skills (minimum level B2 or similar)
- Knowledge of office automation (Microsoft Office) and databases management.
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigor, responsibility and confidentiality.
- Carry out research under supervision.
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline.
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study.
- Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision.
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues.
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Knowledge of biomonitoring and mass spectrometry techniques.
- Additional training in chemical analysis and statistics.
- Excellent academic record in the bachelor and the master degrees.
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
- Previous experience in similar projects.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Previous experience in cohort studies.
The IISPV is a biomedical research institute placed in the province of Tarragona (Catalonia, Spain) that combines clinical and basic research in order to accelerate the translation of knowledge to the benefit of patients. The IISPV aims to be a national and international reference centre in biomedical research and translation, at the service of the population, linking the health centres to the community. Founded in 2005, the institute integrates the Hospital Universitari de Tarragona Joan XIII, the Hospital de Tortosa Verge de la Cinta, the Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus, the Hospital Universitari Institut Pere Mata and the University Rovira i Virgili, in order to bring together and manage biomedical research and innovation in the territory. This is an on-site post and the researcher will attend physically to the IISPV facilities on a regular basis.
The IISPV has a high profile among the country’s research institutions and is part of the CERCA institution (Research Centres of Catalonia Institution (I-CERCA)). Furthermore, the research groups enjoy international prestige, belonging to different European networks and working in close collaboration with researchers around the world.
Researchers willing to apply should check that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and then send an expression of interest, consisting of:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page).
Candidates will be pre-selected based on an internal evaluation. They will be informed of the results of the pre-selection a week after the deadline (18th July 2022). Depending on these results, an online interview may be applied in a 2nd stage for the final selection.